During your stay in the B&B Il Sambuco, situated in Vignola, in the district of Trento, in Trentino Alto Adige, you will have the possibility to travel between the museums and castles of Trentino Alto Adige.
The Cathedral of Trento, or Cathedral of San Vigilio patron of the town, overlooks the beautiful Piazza del Duomo. Among the features of the cathedral we find the bell tower of San Romedio and the little castle of the Bishop. At the center of the square, just in front of the facade of the Cathedral, we find the famous Neptune Fountain.
The Castle of Good Counsel was built in the twelfth century. The oldest part, called the Old Castle is a magnificent example of medieval building excellently preserved. Other parts of the building were added over the centuries, such as the numerous frescoes in the Loggia, in the Great Hall and in the Room of Camin nero.
Palazzo delle Albere is a villa with a square plan, built as a fortress in the sixteenth century. It houses a number of temporary exhibitions, such as those of the Muses, the Museum of Sciences of Trento. The seat of the Muses is near the palace of Albere, the famous building designed by Renzo Piano.
The Air Force Museum is named after Gianni Caproni, an aviation pioneer. The museum contains fascinating planes from different eras, objects and documents about the history of aviation and it organizes visits for children and young people.
The Mart, Museum of Modern and contemporary art, is a museum of the Trentino with different locations, divided between Trento and Rovereto. In Rovereto, we find the main office opened in 2002. The museum includes more than 15,000 works of modern art, including sculptures, paintings, engravings. There’s a particularly rich section dedicated to the avant-gardes of the twentieth century.
VIGNOLA e CALCERANICA
The Mining Museum is part of the Mining Park, which extends in the upper Valsugana. This mining area wants to preserve the memory and tradition through the development of the area also from the tourist point of view. In the museum we can see working equipment and clothing to understand the life of the miners, but also many minerals and natural beauties brought to light during the work in the tunnel.
The Maso Filzerhof in Mocheni Valley, is a typical house of this area, with attached stables and barns. This maso has existed since the fifteenth century and was recently restored with the aim of transforming it into a museum house.
CASTELLO DI PERGINE
The Castle of Pergine is situated on a hill overlooking the whole Valsugana. It has Renaissance origin, was built in Gothic style. The castle is still surrounded by walls and towers. The main tower is called Torre Grande.
PRIMA GUERRA MONDIALE
Many buildings in Trentino witness the conflict between 1914 and 1918. The Forte Belvedere was built between 1908 and 1912 while the Forte Colle delle Benne dates back to 1882. Both are used as a museum and preserve important artifacts, objects and educational paths about the first World war.