During your stay in Borgo Vecchio or at Langhe Country House, situated in Neive, nelle Langhe, in the district of Cuneo, Piemonte, you can visit the beautiful villages of the Langhe among towers, castles & churches in Piemonte.
Torre dell’ Orologio
The Municipal Tower or Clock Tower was built in the medieval period. It was taken down several times and rebuilt higher, its construction dates back to 1224 and it’s the symbol of the village’s autonomy.
Palazzo Conti di Castelborgo
Built in eighteenth-century style, Conti Palace, a noble residence belonging to the Castelborgo family, is surrounded by magnificent gardens. The particularity that characterizes this noble palace is the presence of the cellar, which was very common in the residences of the period that were considered real laboratories of wine testing.
Chiesa San Giovanni Battista
It’s dedicated to St. John the Baptist, the church stands in the center of a small medieval village situated a few kilometers from the town of Alba, is well kept and situated next to an ancient tower.
It overlooks the Tanaro valley, it’s a 30-meter-high medieval tower built in the 12th century. It stands on a sandstone pedestal, the base is rectangular and is entirely made of brick. In the Middle Ages it certainly had a sighting role and had to be a dominant part of a larger construction of which it is the only witness.
The Castle situated in Barolo and of which we have the first evidence already in the tenth century, in the nineteenth century becomes the country residence of the Falletti family and hosts famous names of Italian literature such as Silvio Pellico. In 2003/04 a project of valorization of the products of the territory and of the castle itself took place, the castle became the seat of the Wine Museum and was inserted into the network of the castles of Langa and Roero.
Palazzo del Comune
The characteristic historic Municipal Palace of Alba, which stands in the central square of the small medieval village, surrounded by the narrow and picturesque streets of the old town center.
Alba, a characteristic medieval village, is called the Town of Towers. From the main square of the village, Piazza Risorgimento, we can clearly see the Sineo tower, the Bonino tower and the Parussa tower.
It’s the main place of worship of the town of Alba, the Cathedral of San Lorenzo presents notable architectural similarities with the Cathedral of Chieri, such as the typical Gothic Romanesque architectural style of the facade and the characteristic interior decorations.
Dating back to 1340, the Castle that dominates one of the most beautiful medieval villages in Italy, is surrounded by the hills that produce the finest wines of the area. Its architectural structure is typical of a French donjon. The castle consists of a massive elongated central part, a cylindrical and a square tower, and a courtyard.
Chiesa di San Rocco
Created by the will of the Turchini brothers as an ex voto for saving La Morra from the plague, it was built between 1723 and 1750. It’s characterized by a Baroque façade, at the inside it houses the Altarpiece with the Virgin and San Rocco and an eighteenth-century view of La Morra.