Valsavarenche is situated in Valle d’Aosta and is a valley crossed by the Savara creek. Valsavarenche is also the name of the location, a municipality made of several villages with Dejoz as administrative centre. The Valsavarenche countries are: Molere, Bois-de-Clin, Le loup, Terre, Créton, Eaux-rousses, Fenille, Bien, Breuil, Maisonnasse, Pessey, Pont, Rovenaud, Tignet, Nex.
Valsavarenche, that is also part of the Gran Paradiso National Park, offers an exciting view with its mountains, glaciers and lakes. This area is perfect for hiking and trekking in the summer and all winter sports in the cold season. There are many routes and paths that can be taken, and the high-altitude shelters are available, including the Rifugio Vittorio Emanuele II, the Federico Chabod Refuge and the Savoy Refuge. The Bivouac Sberna is located at 3414 meters.
In Dejoz there are the Mountain thematic Library, the Museum of the Lynx and the Visitor Center of the Gran Paradiso National Park.
Always in Dejoz there’s the Ethnographic Museum which houses tools and utensils that have been used for centuries by farmers and breeders of the valley, passing the methods and lifestyle of the ancestors to the new generations.
The Church of Madonna del Carmine, patroness of Valsavarenche was built in 1673 but in 1889 it was rebuilt again. The base of the bell tower is even older, probably dating back to the fifteenth century, later the three coats of arms of the Savoy family were added.
There’s also the Museum of the Resistance in Rovenaud with the documentation of 40 years of Chanoux proponent of the Aosta Valley resistance and Chabod, the first president of the autonomous region.